With an exceptional reputation both locally and nationally, Reigate College focuses on outstanding teaching, learning and support to make it one of the best sixth form colleges in the country. Graded outstanding by Ofsted, the College is a great place to work and study, with an active and supportive community ethos at the heart of everything it does.
The College is seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and hardworking teacher to join the Business and Economics Department. The post is available on a permanent, full or part-time basis from 1 September 2021 (57.14% to 100%). The full-time teaching contact time at Reigate College is 22.75 hours per week.
Our ideal person will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in delivering the highest standards and achieving outstanding results. The post holder must be confident in the use of information technology in all aspects of their work.
The post would equally suit an experienced teacher or a newly qualified teacher.
The Departments are housed in the Business Centre and Priory Building in modern, fully equipped classrooms including smart boards and desktop computers. The team consists of 18 other teachers who work in a collaborative style, contributing to central teaching resources. Students regularly progress onto university courses for Business, Accounting, Economics, Politics, PPE, Maths, Journalism and Marketing and apprenticeship opportunities.
The Department offers:
• BTEC Level 3 Business
• BTEC Level 2 Business
• A Level Business (Edexcel)
• A Level Economics (AQA)
The Department also operates a number of ‘Plus’ classes, designed to improve student performance as part of the timetabled periods.
The full-time salary for this post is up to £42,957 per annum.
Full details and an application form can be downloaded from our website (www.reigate.ac.uk/job-vacancies) or found in the Supporting Documents section of this page. Applicants are asked to complete and return the application form to the Personnel Department by email to email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 9.00am on Monday 17 May 2021. Applications will be considered on receipt.
When completing their application, candidates are asked to indicate:
• Why you are applying for the post
• BTEC Level 2/3, GCSE, A Level results as applicable (A*-B or equivalent grades, retention, value added), preferably for the past three years or for NQTs, evidence of an outstanding placement, particularly with regard to the standard of teaching and learning
• Particular strengths, experiences and interests that you would bring to this post
• Evidence of your ability to work as part of a team in a flexible and professional manner
• What you are able to bring to College life outside of your teaching commitment
• Which courses you have experience of delivering
• What percentage of full time you are interested in teaching
Reigate College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on successful applicants including an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- with state - academy funding
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
About the College
We are a mixed, non-selective, sixth form college situated in Reigate, Surrey and provide outstanding education to around 2,500 16-19 year old students each year. Students achieve excellent results across the 40 plus subject areas a...