We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Business Studies and Economics to join our Academy.
Business at KS4 is a popular option. Despite not having studied the subject at KS3, students are drawn to the subject for a range of reasons and some of those are as a result of the profile of Business Studies in the school. This profile is maintained in the following ways:
•Enterprise Events throughout the year
•Business Summer Fair each year in June
•GCSE Business residential to Manchester United Football Club and Cadbury
World We currently offer the following courses in the Department
•GCSE Business Studies
•A Level Economics (As & A2)
•A Level business Studies (AS & A2)
•A Level Applied Business
Traditionally results have been some of the best in the school. The 2013 A Level Business results had one of the highest contextual value added schools in the sixth form with many students performing above their target grades. With rising numbers taking Business at KS4 in 2014, the department is also looking to develop Economics at this level.
At our Academy, we promote the values of the Sikh community: serving others, humility, achievement, respect and equality. We are a school which has perfected the balance between our British heritage and the Sikh ethos. As a result, we welcome staff from a range of backgrounds and faiths to join our vibrant and inclusive environment.
Our overall aim is to, "provide an outstanding learning environment which challenges us all, staff and pupils, to achieve our full potential and to share our successes, knowledge and skills with the local, national and global community". (Mr R. Sandhu - Executive Principal).
If you are interested in investing in your future and that of our future generations, then this is the School for you.
We can offer you the following:
• Staff well-being;
• Perkbox available for GNSA staff with over 100's of perks / discounts available.
• Strong community spirit,
• Vibrant mixed staff,
• Positive student staff relationships,
• Staff social events organised,
• Staff fitness club, discounted Panthers Health Club & Gym membership,
• Great results in a supportive environment;
• Strong Academic history,
• Positive student and staff relationships,
• Clear ‘SHARE’ vision and values that promote academic and personal success and well-being,
• Staff training, recognition and succession planning;
• Certified CPD online course programmes with access to a wide variety of training and qualifications,
• Great succession planning and career pathways prospects,
• Great transport links; Onsite parking, 10 minutes drive to Heathrow or M25, 15 Minutes walk to Southall Cross Rail Station,