With an exceptional reputation both locally and nationally, Reigate College focuses on outstanding teaching, learning and support to make it one of the best sixth form colleges in the country. Graded outstanding by Ofsted, the College is a great place to work and study, with an active and supportive community ethos at the heart of everything it does.
The College is seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic, and hardworking teacher to join the highly successful Computing Department. The successful applicant will be required to teach Computer Science A Level and Cambridge Technical Level 3 Information Technology.
The post is available from 1 September 2021 on a permanent, part-time or full-time basis (57.14% to 100%). The full-time teaching contact time at Reigate College is 22.75 hours per week.
Our ideal person will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in delivering the highest standards and achieving outstanding results. The post would equally suit an experienced or newly qualified teacher.
The Department is housed in specialist facilities in the Priory Building. The team consists of three other members of teaching staff who work in a collaborative style, contributing to central teaching resources. Students regularly progress onto university courses for Computer Science, Computing, Game Design and Business.
The Department offers the following courses:
• A Level Computer Science
• Cambridge Technical Level Information Technology
• BTEC Level 2 Information Technology
The course grades are consistently high on all courses with 45% of students achieving A*-B grades last year (100% pass rate) in A Level Computer Science. The main programming language used on the courses is Java.
The successful candidate should expect to teach topics including:
• Data structures (graphs, queues, stacks, trees, hashing)
• Regular/context free languages (RegEx, Backus Naur Form, Reverse Polish Notation, Finite State Machines, Set Notation)
• Fundamental algorithms (Big O notation, sorting and searching e.g. merge sort, bubble sort, binary search, linear search, shortest path)
• Programming paradigms (OOP, functional)
• Networks (TCP-IP protocol stack, client server networks vs peer-to-peer, structure of packets, routing, IP address structure and allocation, internet security)
• Global information (storage media, internet connection media, information formats, information management, UK legislation about storage and use of data, sources of information, information security)
• Application design and Game design and prototyping (design, make and evaluate a game using Unity)
The salary for this post is up to £42,957 per annum (FTE).
Full details and an application form can be downloaded from our website (www.reigate.ac.uk/job-vacancies). Applicants are asked to complete and return the application form to the Personnel Department by email to email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 9.00am on Monday 8 March 2021.
When completing their application, candidates are asked to indicate:
• Why you are applying for the post
• A Level results (A*-B grades, retention, value added), BTEC results (Distinction* and Distinction grades, retention, value added) or for NQTs, evidence of an outstanding placement, particularly with regard to the standard of teaching and learning
• Particular strengths, experiences and interests that you would bring to this post
• The topics outlined above that you feel confident in teaching
• Evidence of your ability to work as part of a team in a flexible and professional manner
• What you are able to bring to College life outside of your teaching commitment
• Which courses you have experience of delivering
Reigate College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on successful applicants including an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- with state - academy funding
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
About the College
We are a mixed, non-selective, sixth form college situated in Reigate, Surrey and provide outstanding education to around 2,500 16-19 year old students each year. Students achieve excellent results across the 40 plus subject areas a...