The High Weald Academy
The High Weald Academy is a small rural school serving a widespread rural community. The Academy provides an education for students of all abilities and is focused on ensuring that everyone is able to learn, achieve and flourish. Our vision is simple – to ensure that all of our students achieve beyond our expectations and flourish as confident learners with the highest aspirations, ready for the university or careers of their choice and also ready for the world in which they will work and live.
By joining The High Weald Academy you will have the opportunity to make a significant difference to the lives of a vibrant body of students; in an environment committed to the development and progress of its staff. You will join an exceptionally dedicated team who believe in doing whatever it takes to ensure our students achieve great things; because they deserve the very best.
We hope that you are as excited as we are by this challenging, yet rewarding opportunity. Visits to the academy are highly recommended, and the leadership team would be happy to discuss the vision for the academy with candidates either during a visit, or during a telephone conversation.
For more information about The High Weald Academy please visit The High Weald Academy’s website http://www.highwealdacademy.kent.sch.uk/
Teacher Design & Technology
Purpose of the role: To be responsible for the quality of teaching and learning in Design and Technology so that all students make good or better progress.
We are looking for a teacher of Design & Technology at Key Stages 3 and 4. We will welcome applications from candidates looking for either a full or part-time post to start in April 2018, or as soon after as possible.
- to teach Design & Technology at KS3 and KS4
- to demonstrate high professional practice in all areas of work
- to help progress the academy towards our vision, through a focus on raising the aspirations of students
- to be an excellent role model for students, commanding respect and being a positive presence around the academy
- to be efficient and effective, highly organised in all areas of work
- to promote actively the academy’s ethos through actions and words
- to adhere to the staff dress code
- to participate in duties as directed.
- to plan lessons effectively, taking account of the students’ ability
- to mark work effectively, using the academy policy
- to have high expectations of students and ensure that students’ aspirations are high
- to record student progress so that you are able to talk knowledgably to parents/carers and other staff
- to regularly set home learning
- to provide all students with accurate, appropriate and helpful feedback so that they can make further progress
- to use all academy policies and protocols effectively so that students can focus on learning
- to participate in the work of the team, attending and being actively involved in meetings, producing further schemes of work and actively collaborating
- to participate in professional development opportunities
- to provide accurate assessment of students’ achievement
- to be aware of and adhere to teachers’ professional standards.
Brook Learning Trust
The Brook Learning Trust is proud to have The High Weald Academy as part of our family of academies. As a Trust, we bring together our unique academies in our belief in the power of education to change lives and communities.
It is our steadfast purpose to challenge and defy the barriers that constrain the educational progress of any child. We set high aims for aspiration and secure collective responsibility for all our children’s achievements. Our work is underpinned by the values of Integrity, Respect, Courage, Optimism, Excellence and Accountability.
A strong focus on teaching and learning as well as high standards and expectations has led the Brook Learning Trust to become recognised as one of the strongest multi-academy trusts in the county. Learning and growing with us, children in our academies make great progress. The Brook Learning Trust, working with The High Weald Academy, brings energy, passion and expertise to the education of our children.
For more information please visit www.brooklearningtrust.org.uk
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to vetting checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK, in the last 5 years.
Only applications made using Brook Learning Trust application forms will be considered. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org