Performing Arts is a key part of our school and we are keen to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and inspirational person to lead our Drama Department for up to one year as maternity cover.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
- Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom and as a leader.
- Is passionate about Drama and is keen to improve standards across all year groups.
- Believes in the power of Drama to instil confidence in young people, encouraging them to achieve in every area.
- Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
- Is committed to staging high quality school shows and providing access for students to a range of opportunities.
Thomas More Catholic School is an above national average, popular 11 – 19 inclusive Catholic school situated in Purley. It is a very stable school where positive change is taking place. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff retention rates. Our 6th Form is rapidly growing in size. We ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality; rigorous, challenging, differentiated and engaging. Our aim is for educational excellence in all areas.
We have a strong focus on student and staff wellbeing which is evident from the moment you step into our community. What's more, we offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including:
- Twilight CPD Sessions for all staff
- Lunch provided in return for duties
- Historic building in a beautiful setting, with multiple sports facilities and a swimming pool
- Forward thinking and vibrant place to work
- High staff morale and a happy team culture amongst all staff
- Free parking on site. Situated a 10 minute walk from Purley train station with fast train links to Central London and the South East
- Opportunities for career development through our high commitment to CPD
Note: you do not need to be Catholic to apply.
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk
To apply, please return your completed application form, recruitment monitoring form and disclosure form to the school via email: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 25th February 2019.
Interview dates will be decided upon shortlisting.
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).