ESF is now inviting candidates to register their interest for the following position in advance of our annual recruitment campaign. If you are eager to learn more about any similar opportunities in one of our schools, we recommend that you apply to be kept up to date with the latest openings!
Teachers are expected to exemplify excellent professional practice which leads to high standards of teaching and learning within the curriculum. Teachers are also expected to support the guidance and co-curricular work of the school and be reliable in exercising their daily responsibilities.
Teachers work as part of the Faculty/Department team under the guidance and direction of the Head of Faculty/Department, and have expected roles to fulfill.
Working as part of the Faculty/Department team under the guidance and direction of the Head of Faculty/Department, the subject teacher is expected to fulfill the following roles:
- Providing learning opportunities for every student commensurate to her/his needs, abilities and stage of development, by teaching a programme that gives each student the opportunity to experience success, and which challenges all students to achieve their full potential.
- Establishing effective and positive relationships with students based on mutual respect, recognition of the individuality of each student and affirming their cultural identity.
- Provide a safe, effective, challenging learning environment and an attractive and welcoming classroom.
- Teaching students, as timetabled, including the setting and marking of work.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Co-operating with other staff on the preparation and development of courses, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the students and safeguarding their health and safety.
- Keeping up to date on teaching and international educational developments and sharing enthusiasm and resources with other teachers.
- Attending professional development programmes, participating in INSET courses and attending professional meetings which relate to curricular, administrative or organisational matters as required; scheduled by Head of Faculty, Head of Department and Senior Leadership Team.
- Participating in the school system of cover for absent teachers.
- Participating in arrangements for preparing students for public examinations.
- Participating in administrative and organisational tasks related to such duties as are described above.
- Performing the pastoral duties of a teacher
- Taking responsibility for the safety of students through supervision duties
- Contributing to the co-curricular programme.
- Performing other duties which may reasonably be assigned from time to time by the Principal. The above list is neither exhaustive nor definitive and is subject to change in accordance with departmental and school needs.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or;
- Bachelor Degree in the relevant subject with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent;
- Relevant subject-matter teaching experience
- 1-3 years’ teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation.
Our Secondary Schools:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity. ESF will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by local laws or regulations.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is a modern, well-managed educational organisation, committed to offering an international education to students drawn from over 70 countries. We are proud to be at the forefront of the educational hub in Hong Kong. We actively take advantage of the opportunities that Hong Kong offers as Asia’s world city and the principal gate-way to China.
The curriculum, leading to the International Baccalaureate, is adapted to Hong Kong, and the Asia Pacific region. ESF’s 1,100 teachers are highly qualified bringing with them experience from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States, the UK and many other international school systems. All schools offer a broad range of out-of-school activities in Hong Kong and overseas.
ESF has over 18,000 students. Our culture is one of joy in learning and pride in achievement. The great majority of our students study for the IB Diploma and gain entry to universities all over the world. ESF has a long-standing commitment to children with individual needs and is the principal provider for English-speaking children with special educational needs in Hong Kong. For further details about ESF, please visit our website at http://www.esf.edu.hk/.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) (www.esf.edu.hk) was established by the Hong Kong Government in 1967 and is the largest education foundation in Asia offering a liberal education through the medium of the English language to children of school ag...