Inspire their Remarkable at Greenwood Academy
The English Department The Greenwood Academy English Department believes in a knowledge rich curriculum, in which our students are exposed to the greatest literature texts possible. Our KS3 curriculum includes the study of Dickens, Shakespeare, Owen and Sassoon, and ensures all our students know the most sophisticated vocabulary and concepts possible and are prepared for the rigours of KS4. We believe in didactic teaching and drill quotations, terminology and definitions, so that our students can recite them by rote. We use knowledge booklets which have been created by the department, meaning that teachers are provided with all the resources they need to succeed.
What we need
We want someone who believes that no student should be held back by their economic background and who is passionate about literature and delivering the very best knowledge to our pupils.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is passionate about their classroom practice and committed to ensuring that teaching and learning is the very best it can be. We need someone who is invested in developing their own subject knowledge and teaching pedagogy, as well as that of others.
Greenwood Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-18 Academy situated in the heart of Castle Vale. We currently have 840 pupils on roll and are growing every year. Having moved into our £20 million new build in September 2018, we have world class facilities and students who are keen to learn.
We are looking for an individual committed to being an excellent classroom practitioner - someone with a positive approach who will have the highest expectations of what students can achieve. In return you will have the opportunity to work in an innovative and highly supportive Academy.
As a result of being heavily oversubscribed in Years 7 and 8, we are embarking on the next wave of recruitment for the highest calibre of staff who can help us to grow our school community.
A visit to the school is strongly recommended to discuss your future career options. To book a visit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
- A regular and bespoke induction/CPD programme
- No grading of lesson observations
- A knowledge-based curriculum in which teachers are encouraged to teach without constraint
- Work-life-balance – slimmed-down marking, a centralised homework policy, no parents evenings and minimal reporting and data entry
- Tight behaviour systems including SLT lead centralised detentions to allow you to focus solely on teaching
- World class facilities and technology in the form of Google Classroom and a Chromebook for every teacher
- TLR allowance available dependent on experience
- Private health care through AET
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
AET can offer:
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date Wednesday 19th June
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.