Manchester Academy is vibrant, dynamic and forward thinking teaching community which embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring the success of our students. We are located on the outskirts of the world famous Manchester City Centre which means excellent transport links into Manchester and the North-West.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Teacher of English to join our vibrant, dynamic and forward-thinking school with cutting-edge facilities and a nurturing environment to start September 2018 on a fixed term basis to August 2019.
As a Teacher of English you will use your skills to teach the English Curriculum across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. You will also ensure students make good to outstanding progress in this subject.
Please note that the application window closes on Friday 23rd March at 09.00am.
We are currently looking to appoint an individual who has;
• Achieved Qualified Teacher status (Applications from NQT`s also welcome)
• A degree or equivalent in the subject to be taught.
• Experience in teaching and the ability to motivate a diverse student body.
• Strong IT skills and ability to use the Microsoft Office suite.
In return we will provide you with;
• The opportunity to work alongside our dedicated and hardworking English Department.
• Support with CPD and Development needs.
• A positive and modern environment in which to work in.
Please read the Job Description for further details on this post.
Manchester Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, therefore as part of the Safer Recruitment process, references will be requested if shortlisted for the position. Manchester Academy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Appointment will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced DBS check.