We are seeking an English teacher to join our outstanding English department at our successful school.
We are an outstanding and high-performing mixed school for 11-16, seeking a candidate with a specific focus on working with small groups of children to overcome language barriers. This position is initially for the 2018/19 Autumn term, with the opportunity of this being a permanent role for the right candidate. This job offers the successful candidate the chance to join a vibrant, dynamic, high achieving team, who have worked hard to produce consistently outstanding results.
This post is suited to a candidate who wants to work exclusively on supporting small group learning. You will need to have previous experience of working across both key stage 3 and key stage 4.
Platanos College has high expectations of both staff and pupils, and are looking to appoint a confident, dynamic and enthusiastic English teacher to support small groups. We received our most recent Outstanding rating from Ofsted in 2014/2015, our third successive Outstanding rating. It is just the place for talented, ambitious individuals to develop their career and make their mark.
As an English specialist, the candidate would be expected to:
(not exhaustive list)
- Plan small group learning;
- Ensure that literacy was taught explicitly within the sessions;
- Assess and level pupils’ work;
- Mark pupil work regularly;
- Liaise with the Head of Department to ensure that the appropriate programme of study is taught.
- You will be part of a strong educational environment with the chance to develop and grow;
- You will be supported with the best professional development and learning opportunities in order to equip you for future management roles, which are subject to the quality of work upon appointment.
We want you to succeed too.
For further information please visit www.platanoscollege.com or call 020 7733 6156. Applicants should complete the employment application form found on our website and return by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Monday 30th April 2018.
Platanos College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and will be checked against the DBS barred list. Appointments are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references as according to our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Clapham Road, London SW9 0AL
Tel: 020 7733 6156