TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Required for January 22 - Main Pay Scale
fixed Term Appointment Jan 22 - Aug 22
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational, enthusiastic and talented teacher to join the English department.
The English Department at Priory is a close knit team, dedicated to supporting each other and our students to enable them to thrive, develop and succeed.
Are you able to:
• Inspire and innovate?
• Nurture and develop (yourself as well as others)?
• Create independent and resilient thinkers?
• Commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation?
• Optimise English learning for all?
Then come and see us. We. In return we can offer:
• A supportive learning environment with a team that will make you think every day.
• The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our young people;
• Happy and enthusiastic students who want to learn in our ‘good’ school;
• The benefit of being part of a multi-academy trust offering the support of experienced colleagues across our schools and greater opportunities for career progression;
• Possibility of additional teaching and learning responsibility for the right candidate.
• Access to a comprehensive staff wellbeing and discount scheme
Potential candidates are advised to apply as early as possible as we reserve the right to interview at any time.
Priory School is a mixed 11-16 School with 1220 students on roll situated in the heart of Southsea. Our pupils come from a very wide range of backgrounds and our community is truly comprehensive, harmonious and dynamic. Priory school is proud to be part of the Bohunt Education Trust.
Priory School Safeguarding Statement:
Priory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Closing Date: Thursday 9th December 2021 (Noon)
Interview Date: Week commencing 13th Dec 2021
Portsmouth and Southsea
Portsmouth is a dynamic and vibrant waterfront city .From the pomp and ceremony of our proud naval and maritime heritage, museums and galleries, unique shopping destinations, great places to eat and miles of beautiful waterfro...