TEACHER OF GEOGRAPHY
Grade: Main Pay spine in accordance with qualifications and experience plus Outer London fringe allowance.
Responsible to: Subject Leader: Geography
Teaching of geography throughout the school
To have responsibility for a tutor group.
• Teaching geography to students of all ages and abilities, ensuring an engaging and inspiring experience for students that maximises achievement.
• Tracking and monitoring students in your classes and intervening effectively to differentiate and support achievement.
• Carrying out assessment, recording and reporting procedures as required.
• Taking part in faculty/departmental meetings and activities.
• Contributing to whole-school discussions and development.
• Undertaking pastoral responsibility for a tutor group, including supporting the Life Skills programme.
• Fulfilling the National Standards for qualified teachers fully in a way consistent with your experience.
• Upholding and supporting the policies and ethos of the school.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up and should be seen as describing in more detail aspects of the duties set out in the Education (School Teachers Pay and Conditions of Employment) Act. The Headteacher may vary the duties from time to time without changing their general character or the level of management responsibility entailed.
All staff at Stanborough have a comprehensive package of support, training and performance management, giving scope for personal and professional development.
It is a requirement of all staff that they sign the IT Acceptable User Policy, and all staff will be expected to attend Safeguarding and Prevent training.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main responsibilities and duties of the post, each individual task to be undertaken will not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. The job description is current to the date shown but, in consultation with you, it may be changed by the Headteacher to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.