Firth Park Academy is proud to be featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders.
- A staff social and sporting committee who promote regular opportunities for well-being and team building.
We are seeking a motivated and creative teacher of Geography, with a genuine passion for bringing the best from every single student to join our team. You will be committed to ensuring our diverse cohort of students make their very best progress, through planning and delivering engaging lessons that will inspire our learners to succeed across KS3 and KS4. This role is initially for one term until 31 August 2019, but may become permanent.
You will be joining an excellent team of teachers in a key faculty area comprising a Director of Learning for Humanities, and a team of skilled subject specialists. This post is equally suitable for experienced teachers and newly qualified teachers with talent and a drive for improving learning across classrooms.
This post is an opportunity to join an already strong Humanities Faculty who have a positive team ethos and are committed to doing their best for our students. Immediate enquiries and visits are welcome.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our Director of Learning to arrange a learning walk during the school day or a chance to meet.
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Jim Taylor, Director of Learning in Science, on email@example.com
The position is due to commence after Easter 2019, with interviews to be held week beginning 21 January 2019
Closing date: Friday 18 January 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.