Sandringham School is a high performing and extremely popular Outstanding School situated in the picturesque city of Saint Albans, conveniently located just 20 minutes by train from London. We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of German/French to join our outstanding Modern Foreign Languages Faculty. The school attaches high value to Languages and they form a flourishing part of our curriculum offer. German and French are very popular subjects with a large number of students studying it at GCSE. We are seeking to recruit someone who is ambitious, dynamic and has a passion for Languages.
- We hold International School status and work extensively with schools in other countries, as well as our partner school in the Gambia.
- The school has links with schools in many counties and runs annual exchange programmes in France, Germany and Spain.
- Over £8 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past three years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join a high performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their career. If you have a passion for teaching German/French, we would love to hear from you. We may be able to consider part-time applications.
Application deadline: Tuesday 25th April, 9am
Applications from NQTs and experienced colleagues are welcome for this full time position.
For NQTs this will be a paid position from July 2017.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. Online TES applications are accepted.
Details are also available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk or www.teachinherts.com Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Officer, Sandringham School, The Ridgeway, St Albans, AL4 9NX, Tel 01727 799560. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.