We are looking for an innovative teacher to join our committed Humanities Faculty. Applicants will join a well-led and motivated team committed to continuous improvement.
The successful applicant will need to teach Key Stage 3 History as well as GCSE (1-9) History. It would be preferable if the successful candidate has some form of experience in teaching AQA (1-9) History but this is not essential. The individual needs to be a team player who is able to adapt to the ever changing demands of the new National Curriculum.
The successful candidate will:
• Set high expectations which motivate and challenge students in a productive learning environment;
• Promote good outcomes by students, planning well-structured lessons;
• Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge;
• Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all students;
• Make accurate and productive use of assessment;
• Fulfill wider professional responsibilities with high standards of personal and professional conduct.
Erdington Academy belongs to the Fairfax Multi Academy group of schools; all schools are committed to high standards and traditional values. We are seeking outstanding teachers and leaders with high expectations to join our team dedicated to pursuing excellence for every child. We are an ambitious academy and value enthusiastic and hardworking staff. It is a very exciting time to join us.
NQT’s welcome to apply.
Erdington Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as providing evidence of qualifications.
To apply, please complete the online application form.
To arrange a visit, please contact 0121 373 1080.
Closing date: 12pm (noon) Friday 30 June 2017.