Middleton Technology School is one of 3 secondary schools serving the town of Middleton within the Borough of Rochdale to the north of the Manchester boundary. The school is a highly successful mixed 11 - 16 secondary school with an excellent reputation locally and nationally.
Our Mission is simple, yet clear: “In Pursuit of Excellence”. This runs through everything we do. Our staff and Governors are very proud of our achievements and we have an outstanding team ethos and a ‘can do’ attitude, which lead to sustained high achievement and excellence for all. We are committed to teamwork and have a unity of purpose in our school to improve teaching and learning for our students. We have together created a school culture wherein success is celebrated and high achievement is the norm for all.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and hardworking colleague who will deliver History across KS3 and KS4. We welcome applications from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
Our vision is "To have an outstanding History department which actively engages and encourages students to develop a sense of personal identity by considering stimulating historical and controversial issues. Teachers model outstanding practice to create learning environments which stretch students to achieve a minimum of three levels of progress and 100% A*-C".
• A highly skilled, committed, and supportive team
• A full CPD programme in order for you to reach your career goals and full potential
• Confident, happy and motivated students who are eager to learn and enjoy school
• First class facilities in a modern new building (opened September 2013)
We are looking for a colleague who has:
• The ability to plan and deliver successful, interesting and stimulating lessons at KS3 and KS4
• The ability to set appropriate and challenging work for all students
• The ability to build good relationships with all students
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an individual to develop in a highly successful school which will enable them to fulfil exciting career goals.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring and background check.
The closing date for all completed applications is Tuesday, 12 December 2017 @ 9.00am. Interviews will take place Tuesday, 9 January 2018.
Applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org