Teacher of Mathematics (NQT or Maternity Cover)
Due to a Maternity Cover due from January 2019 to Summer 2020 we are looking for an either an enthusiastic NQT or Maternity Cover from 1 September 2019 to 31st August 2020 on a one year fixed term contract.
You will be joining our dynamic and over-subscribed academy (University Technical College), based in state of the art teaching facilities and will have the opportunity to work alongside the current post holder for a term prior to their leave, providing ultimate transition and training for the role.
Mathematics is a vital element of our curriculum and includes GCSE Mathematics, Level 3 Statistics, Level 3 Core Mathematics, A Level Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Engineering Mathematics. From September we will be also enrolling Year 9 on a discovery STEM curriculum.We are looking for innovative and creative teachers that will ensure that our young people strive for excellence and therefore students make outstanding progress.
As well as our own outstanding facilities, our location next to our sponsor Aston University means that we can access resources, teaching and learning spaces like no other school. (About Aston University Engineering Academy)
This role will suit an experienced classroom Maths practitioner for a 1 year maternity cover or Newly Qualified Teacher who is ready to learn and develop their subject and career in a dedicated and passionate Maths department. You will join a friendly and supportive 100% specialist Mathematics team consisting of; Mathematics Curriculum Area Leader, Assistant-CAL, Key stage 4 Coordinator and 2 specialist Maths Teachers.
There couldn't be a more exciting time to join our team
We are seeking a professional who is:
- An enthusiastic and committed teacher /NQT
- A teacher who has the highest expectations of student learning.
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
- Innovative and creative with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
As a valued member of AUEA we will offer:
- Designated Staff Benefits, training and Health Care Package (Explore)
- Personalised CPD and Career development programme
- Opportunity for additional study at Aston University
- Opportunity to gain commission in the RAF as part of our RAF CCF Programme
- Opportunity for international visits.
- Visits are welcome to book your place or for any further details please email the Principal's PA Nicola Rodgers via email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday February 21st May at 16:00pm
Interviews will be Thursday and/or Friday 23rd and 24th May 2019
AUEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.