TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS – Full Time
Required for September 2020
Salary - MPS
“This is a good school” – Ofsted Nov 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational, enthusiastic and talented teacher to join the Maths Department from September 2020. Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers due to qualify summer 2020 are encouraged and an excellent NQT package would be available if appropriate.
Do you thrive on those lightbulb moments when maths ‘just clicks’ with young people? Do you want to work in a team where everyone else does too? Then we’d love to hear from you, to complement our team of 12 subject specialists.
You will join a close knit team that are achieving special things, with GCSE results well above National, and one that is at the forefront of Mastery work in maths.
If you can:
• Inspire and innovate
• Nurture and develop (yourself as well as others)
• Commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation
• Optimise Maths learning for all
Then come and see us. In return we can offer:
• A supportive learning environment with a team that will make you think every day, with 2 additional timetabled sessions dedicated to your own professional development;
• The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our young people;
• Happy and enthusiastic students who want to learn in our ‘good’ school;
• The benefit of being part of a multi-academy trust offering the support of experienced colleagues across our schools and greater opportunities for career progression;
• Possibility of additional teaching and learning responsibility for the right candidate.
• Access to a comprehensive staff wellbeing and discount scheme.
Potential candidates are advised to apply as early as possible as we reserve the right to interview at any time. For further details please visit our website. Applicants are welcome to visit the school for a tour and to discuss the department/post with either the Headteacher or Curriculum Leader.
Priory School is a mixed 11-16 School with around 1200 students on roll situated in the heart of Southsea. Our pupils come from a very wide range of backgrounds and our community is truly comprehensive, harmonious and dynamic. Priory school is proud to be part of the Bohunt Education Trust.
Priory School Safeguarding Statement:
Priory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.