Ark Walworth Academy is a thriving school in the heart of central London. We serve a vibrant, diverse community in Zone 2, with excellent access to all the city has to offer for students and staff alike.
We seek a dedicated and enthusiastic mathematician to join our developing team. The successful candidate will be a reflective and resilient classroom practitioner, ready to make best use of the fantastic dedicated training resources available through our nationally recognised network programmes. The maths team teaches across key stages three, four and five, with opportunities to liaise with professionals from a dedicated central maths team of specialists, and with those from other schools within the network. Knowledge of the Maths Mastery curriculum would be an advantage and there may be an opportunity to lead on this area for the right candidate; the school is committed to the development of young mathematicians and we seek the best candidate to support this work in our dynamic and well-resourced learning environment.
Our staff are:
• Committed, enthusiastic practitioners seeking to support excellent progress for our students
• Educators who aspire to the highest standards of behaviour, academic success, and wellbeing for all in our community
• Resilient, reflective and thoughtful professionals, seeking to develop themselves with us
In return, we offer:
• An externally recognised progression route with the support of a nationally recognised network
• Dedicated Network Leads for subjects and areas, providing cutting-edge training and development opportunities
• A fully accessible, well resourced, multi-million pound building in which to practice
• A school community with a genuine family ethos, investing in staff wellbeing with sports and events
• Varied routes into teaching and industry-recognised professional qualifications (ATT, PGCE, TeachFirst, NowTeach, NPQML, NPQSL, BA and Masters programmes)
• A comprehensive support and induction programme for all staff including accommodation in zone 2 available for NQTs and trainees.
• A dedicated Employee Assistance and benefits package from Ark
Further details about the post and how to apply can be found on our website www.walworthacademy.org. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Applications will be reviewed as received so we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application