Teacher of Media and English
Corby Technical School invites you to join our team that is dedicated to providing the very best outcomes for our students. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and highly motivated teacher of Media and English to join our innovative English/Media team. A successful candidate will be teaching GCSE and A-Level Media, alongside a transition year where Year 9 select Media as an option. Media is a popular choice for students, driven by our technical ethos. We have a brand new, highly equipped, fully functioning iMac suite and excellent facilities to offer.
GCSE students are currently studying the new OCR specification and are exploring modules on:
• Online and social media.
• Long form television dramas.
• Industries in music, film, radio and games.
A successful candidate is expected to have a strong subject knowledge of Media, be familiar with academic theories, good practical Media skills and knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Premiere.
We are additionally looking for a candidate who is interested in teaching a varied and creative KS3 English curriculum, with opportunity to teach KS4 English. We are looking for someone who will drive enthusiasm for the subject and is able to guide students in their journey to KS4, by developing both their analytical and written skills.
To be successful in this role, the candidate should:
• Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate young people
• Be committed to achieving outstanding student outcomes
• Be ambitious and have aspirations to develop their career
• Be able to follow the established ethos and culture of our school
Additional benefits to working at Corby Technical School:
• A fixed 8 week term structure allows for five standardised terms meaning that learning can be structured and delivered with consistency. Holidays also fall outside ‘normal’ term structures allowing for inexpensive travel opportunities.
• As part of the Brooke Weston Trust opportunities for staff development and career progression go beyond the school walls; fostering talent is a key aspect of our culture.
• Within the Trust we have a dedicated Teaching School and all staff regularly attend professional development sessions either as participants or facilitators. The Teaching School has forged partnerships with professionals across the Trust, ranging from primary through to higher education providers. This partnership and expertise across the educational spectrum, allows the Teaching School to offer fantastic opportunities for our staff.
• All staff receive free meals (breakfast and lunch) and are able to participate in a Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme. A reduced price membership to the local gym is also available.
If you think this role is for you then we would like to extend an invitation for you to look round our unique school where we would like to have the opportunity to tell you more about this exciting role. To arrange a visit please contact Sarah Smith, PA to the Principal on 01536 213100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
If having read the advertisement, job description and person specification, you are motivated to apply for this position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
• Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
• Write a letter of application on no more than two sides of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form either by e-mail or by post to:
Mrs Sarah Smith
Corby Technical School
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 23rd April 2019