Are you a teacher that can inspire highly motivated students?
Can you create an inclusive learning environment which enables all students to exceed expectations?
Can you empower students to succeed?
If you are looking for a new challenge and are passionate about Humanities then this could be the school for you.
"Staff describe the school as a "dynamic" and "energising" place to work and pupils share this view" OFSTED 2017
Hammersmith Academy is an innovative 11-18 mixed non-denominational academy situated in the heart of the West London community.
Statistics from 2016-2017:
Spanish: GCSE 81% A*-Cs
French: GCSE 84% A*-Cs
Year 10 early entry French: GCSE (20 pupils) 100% A*-Cs and all AS students met their MFL target grades (3.8 residual)
All Community Languages: 100% A*-B GCSE and 100% A*-A in Community Languages AS/A-level
We are currently reviewing and developing a range of detailed Schemes of learning and have a policy of sharing both good practice and resources. In Key Stage 3 we do not follow text book courses, however, for both languages at KS4, we use the AQA Kerboodle course; as a supplement to our own self-created resources. Each room has a Smart Board as well as a write-on white board and we work collaboratively as a department to ensure consistency of standards, challenge and a good range of interesting lessons.
The MFL team is very creative, hard-working and committed to providing the best possible learning experience for their students.
At Hammersmith Academy we are passionate about raising standards and our approach to learning reflects this.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of MFL to deliver outstanding teaching and learning of Spanish and French. The successful teacher will join a collaborative and dedicated team who are committed to instilling our students with a passion for MFL.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a passionate teacher of MFL and have a genuine belief in the potential of every student.
- Be committed to Hammersmith Academy's ethos of high expectations and going the extra mile.
- Have excellent subject knowledge and a proven ability to raise standards in classrooms.
- Have experience of teaching at A-Level
Hammersmith Academy offers:
- A bespoke CPD program for all staff and exciting career opportunities
- Excellent pastoral care
- An excellent reputation in the local community
- A dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff
- First-class facilities and resources
- A comprehensive staff benefits package
- Aspirational and hardworking students
- Strong parental engagement
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to discuss the role informally and visits to the school are welcome.
For further details visit our website www.hammersmithacademy.org to download an application form.For general recruitment enquiries contact email@example.com
Closing Date Friday 15 June 2018
Interviews: W/C 18 June 2018