Downham Market Academy
Teacher of Music
Salary range: MPS/UPS
Required September 2020
We require an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated teacher of MFL to join our faculty who will build upon the success of the Music Department and teach an innovative curriculum that allows our students to achieve their best possible outcomes.
The college strongly believes continuing professional development is at the heart of excellent teaching and high standards and has an outstanding programme open to all members of staff, offering tailored CPD to staff at all stages of their careers.
We welcome applications from both recently qualified teachers who are ambitious and are looking to take the first steps into leadership, and more experienced practitioners looking for their next challenge.
During our expansion we will always be keen to hear from outstanding practitioners, at all levels of experience, who are interested in joining our team. The exact nature of the responsibility will be discussed at interview and is intended to build on the successful candidate’s strengths and areas of interest.
The successful candidate will be:
• exemplary and inspiring in their teaching and be able to lead colleagues to do likewise;
• highly organised, motivational and flexible;
• an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students, who is committed to all pupils reaching their full potential;
• reflective in classroom and leadership practice;
• dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others;
• have high expectations of themselves and others;
• be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
• have excellent subject knowledge;
• be flexible and a good team player.
Closing Date: 22nd January 2020
Interview Date: TBC