An exciting opportunity has become available for a Teacher of Physical Education at St Philip Howard Catholic Voluntary Academy. Applications from NQT’s are welcome. You will be able to teach across the curriculum, but ideally will have a specialism in Netball and Rounders. You will be passionate about whole school participation in Physical Education and inspiring our students to develop their abilities within the subject.
St Philip Howard Catholic Voluntary Academy is an 11-16 secondary school located in the heart of the local community of Glossop in the High Peak Borough of Derbyshire. With 439 students currently on roll, it opened on 1 September 2015 and is under the dynamic sponsorship of the Nottingham Roman Catholic Diocese Education Service where it continues to build on the strong spiritual and moral framework that has helped make the school so very popular over the years.
St Philip Howard Catholic Voluntary Academy is in the “Top Ten Highest Performing Schools in Derbyshire”.
We are seeking a consistently good or outstanding teacher who is committed to delivering outstanding results for all our students. This post is ideally suited for someone with drive, resilience and determination and who thrives on challenge. It offers an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen to gain experience within a highly ambitious and hardworking organisation that both encourages and challenges everyone. We have a broad range of extra curricular activities within the Department and we are seeking someone who would enjoy further development of these activities.
You will be:
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a proven track record of inspiring and motivating students and achieving excellent outcomes across KS3 & KS4 in terms of progress and attainment
- Able to plan for success and evaluate progress and outcomes
- Able to coach, inspire and enthuse students and colleagues effectively
- A commitment to participating fully to the Catholic Life of the Academy
- A commitment to contributing to extra-curricular activities
- A commitment to your own professional development
You can expect:
- Outstanding professional support to ‘raise the bar’
- Opportunities for significant career development
- A vibrant and dynamic student body which deserves the very best in teaching and support
Visits to the Academy are strongly encouraged. For an application pack or to arrange a visit please contact Kimberley Ward at St Philip Howard Catholic Voluntary Academy on 01457 853611 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms are available from our website vacancies section www.sph.academy.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this position. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.