Teacher of Science
Required for September/October 2018
Do you want to be part of our highly innovative, driven and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success?
If so, why not come and visit our school and see what we have to offer? This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, inspirational and highly motivated professional to join our highly successful Science Faculty at one of the highest performing schools in Tamworth and North Warwickshire. This position would suit a professional in any stage of their teaching career. Our Science team is committed to consistently doing their best for our students, by raising standards and offering tailored enrichment experiences to give them exceptional life chances. The successful candidate would be part of a dynamic team comprising of the subjects Combined Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy. With the recent appointment of a new leader of Science and this combination of subjects, we have no doubt that Science will continue to thrive.
The successful applicant will:
- Be able to teach any discipline of Science to Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Be a dynamic and innovative practitioner with a passion for learning and teaching and a desire to ensure that the quality of learning is great.
- Be an aspirational teacher with a desire to achieve the very best outcomes for our students.
- Have excellent knowledge in a discipline of Science.
- Be willing to contribute to learning and teaching developments in the faculty.
- Have an ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students.
- Be a committed, highly competent, energised, reflective and resilient individual.
- Possess the skills and determination to make a profound difference to the lives of our students by sharing our belief in the highest standards of academic achievement in an inclusive setting.
We pride ourselves on:
- Our success and drive in helping students achieve their full potential in Science – 72% grade C or above; 84% A*-C in Astronomy; 94% A*-C in Biology; 94% A*-C in Chemistry; 93% A*-C in Physics; 58% A*-C in Additional Science; VA score of +0.4.
- Having well-resourced laboratories and equipment, including laptops. The successful candidate will be based in one laboratory.
- Being an oversubscribed and popular school with specialist status, located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
- Being a highly innovative, driven, inspirational and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success.
- Being part of the Castle Phoenix Trust and its associated teaching school. This facilitates an opportunity to play to your strengths and provide excellent collaboration between colleagues and leaders, access to effective CPD and the chance to develop professionally.
- Strong professional mentor support and subject development for professionals embarking on their teaching career.
- The possibility of progression and leadership development for outstanding candidates.
- Our strong commitment to staff well being and recognition, and a range of benefits which include cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, free parking, an employee discount scheme, an Ipad or laptop and access to the on-site swimming pool.
We are committed to effective learning, teaching, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Application forms available direct from the school, from the school website www.kingsburyschool.co.uk or from HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk. Application forms are to be returned to HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk.
Closing date: Monday 18th June 2018 at 12 pm
Interview date: Thursday 21st June 2018