Teacher of Science
Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.00pm (Term-Time only, 39 weeks)
Salary- Qualified Teacher Scales (above fringe)
Starting October 2019
We require a dynamic, motivated, pro-active and well-organised individual to join a well-established team delivering the science curriculum to students with a wide range of social, emotional and mental health needs. The successful candidate will have a direct impact on pupils’ lives, improving aspirations and opportunities for our young people. The position will see you teaching subjects throughout the science curriculum.
All of our learners have ECHPs and as a school we are proud to promote the development of life skills and social development as equal to academic achievement. West Heath School work towards the end goal of helping students re-integrate into mainstream learning and preparation for adulthood.
• Full driving license and use of own vehicle
• Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
• To be able to implement and deliver appropriate differentiated and personalised learning
• Delivery of a subject specialism
• Excellent team work skills, with a flexible, engaging and adaptable approach
• To work as part of a tutor team
• A knowledge of SEN teaching strategies and techniques
• Proactive, creative and innovative
• Emotionally robust and resilient
• To support pupil progression and transition to appropriate education provision Benefits
• Free lunch and refreshments as well as free parking onsite
• Regular mentoring and coaching
• Regular training from internal and external experts
• Career progression opportunities
• Pension scheme
• Discounted venue hire for parties/weddings
Closing Date – Friday 5th July 2019
Interviews w/c 8th July 2019
Application Form, Job Descriptions and further details are on our website www.westheathschool.com or contact email@example.com for further information.
Working at West Heath School involves close and unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups including children and as such is a regulated activity. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the advertised closing date should we find a suitable candidate.