Please note: You do not need to be Catholic to apply.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and passionate Science Teacher for KS3-5. Our aim at Thomas More is to ensure all our pupils are scientifically literate and can make well-informed choices on the complex issues they will face, both today and in the future.
The Science Department at Thomas More is extremely well-resourced and established, located in its own building which houses several laboratories and ancillary facilities. We have a dedicated team of eight specialist teachers and two full-time technicians. Progress at KS4 Science is significantly above National Average in both the combined and the separate Science pathways.
Thomas More Catholic School is an above national average, popular 11 – 19 inclusive Catholic school situated in Purley. We are a very stable school where positive change is taking place. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff retention rates. Our 6th Form is rapidly growing in size. We ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality; rigorous, challenging, differentiated and engaging. Our aim is for educational excellence in all areas. We have a strong focus on student and staff wellbeing which is evident from the moment you step into our community.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including:
- Twilight CPD sessions for all staff
- Lunch provided in return for duties
- Historic building in a beautiful setting, with multiple sports facilities and a swimming pool
- Forward-thinking and vibrant place to work
- High staff morale and a happy team culture amongst all staff
- Free parking on site. Situated a 10-minute walk from Purley train station with fast train links to Central London and the South East
- Opportunities for career development through our high commitment to CPD
- 2018 - Progress 8: +0.08 / Attainment 8: 46.2
- 2017 - Progress 8: -0.10 / Attainment 8: 43.7
- 2016 - Progress 8: +0.28 / Attainment 8: 50.5
If you are a hardworking teacher who is interested in making a difference to students’ lives through Science, we would welcome your application.
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk
To apply, please return your completed application form, recruitment monitoring form and disclosure form to the school via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday, 30th November 2018
Interview dates will be decided upon shortlisting
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).