Firth Park Academy is proud to be featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (February 2019).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders.
- A staff social and sporting committee who promote regular opportunities for well-being and team building.
We are looking for a Teacher of Spanish who really cares about helping our students succeed. You will be joining a department who:
- Shares high quality lessons, and volunteers extra time to provide intervention for our students.
- Leads on our innovative approach to EAL students within intervention and across the Academy.
- Supports and challenges each other’s teaching through frequent CPD, team meetings, peer observations and coaching and mentoring for all new staff.
- Gets together as a team outside of school.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is passionate about Languages and has a creative and flexible approach to teaching both Spanish at KS3 and KS4.
- Has a sense of team and is willing to contribute positively to an enthusiastic and forward-thinking department.
- Will support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment.
- We want to show you in person everything on offer. Liz Cartledge, the Senior Vice Principal will be delighted to give you a tour of the school, please email Liz on email@example.com to arrange a time.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
So how will AET look after you? We offer…
- A community of well supported teachers who are committed to driving high standards,
- A bespoke Professional Development package which allows opportunities to continue with your own education and development,
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- A staff team who are enthusiastic, dedicated, positive and supportive, with an ethos of being like a family.
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
We want to show you in person everything on offer. Emma Hammond, Head of MFL will be delighted to give you a tour of the school, please email her on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
Closing date: Saturday 23 March 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.