Teaching and Learning Assistant
Actual salary £14,651 - £14,930 inclusive of fringe allowance
32.5 hours per week (08:30 – 3:30)
Term time + inset (one week) + 1 additional week during holidays/after school events
Beechwood is an oversubscribed school with vibrant, ethnically diverse students who together with our staff create a strong community with great ambition and determined to achieve the highest of standards. We have excellent extensive facilities and therefore a great teaching and learning environment. Expectations are high and students, parents and staff are very proud of their school.
We are looking for an efficient, enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills to work with young people in our busy successful school. You will be approachable, calm, caring but firm and may have experience of working with teachers and supporting students with both education and personal care, although training will be offered. A high standard of literacy and numeracy is essential for this post, as is the enthusiasm to help raise the achievement of students.
We aim to appoint individuals who:
- are efficient and enthusiastic with high levels of communication and organisational skills;
- have good practical skills and an attention to detail;
- are approachable, caring but firm;
- are able to work with teachers and students in a calm way;
- good standard of literacy and numeracy;
- have good ICT skills;
- are energetic, creative and hands on in all they do;
- can work collaboratively in a team;
- can recognise the success in students, others and themselves as the first building block to improvement;
- are extremely flexible and can cope with change;
- speak a community language (desired)
- have an openness to training and personal development.
If you are passionate about providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, we want to hear from you. The successful candidates can look forward to extensive professional development opportunities in school and potentially further career progression. For further information and an application pack, please contact Karen Crump, HR Manager either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01753 520473
The Schelwood Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment. CVs are not acceptable.
An enhanced DBS check is mandatory for this post.