Teaching Assistant Apprentice – (Advanced, Level 3) – Fixed Term
£5.05 per hour within the first year of apprenticeship, Apprentices national minimum wage (NMW) for all other apprentices,
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. We offer the widest range of extra-curricular enrichment possible to ensure our students are rich in knowledge and character. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. Our school is:
- A stronger-than-ever ‘Good’ school as rated by Ofsted (March 2019).
- Home of an Extended School Day for Years 7 and 11 to ensure the broadest possible curriculum of academic learning and extra-curricular experiences
- Featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- A real ethos of family where we all value strong positive relationships and support each other.
- An outstanding professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
If you have a passion for education, are able to help support opportunities for learning and progress whether inside or out come rain, hail or shine and love working as part of a team, you could be the person we are looking for!
As a Teaching Assistant Apprentice you will support teaching staff in the development and education of pupils, including the provision of specialist skills as appropriate.
You will complete a Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in the Classroom. You may also be required to complete Literacy, Numeracy and IT Functional Skills (this will be determined by existing qualifications).
Your Trainer/Assessor will assess you in the workplace every 4 weeks. In between these meetings you will have dedicated time away from your job to work on the apprenticeship and collate evidence for your apprenticeship e-portfolio with ongoing support from your Manager and Trainer/Assessor.
This is an exciting opportunity to be in a real job, with real variety, from day one whilst working towards a qualification.
The successful candidate will have excellent people and communication skills and will be flexible to adapt to changing situations.
To be eligible for the Apprenticeship, applicants must have resided in the UK or EEA for 3 years prior to the start of the Apprenticeship and must not hold a level 4 (or equivalent) qualification or above. Please note: applicants must not be a graduate or have already completed a Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship (depending on the level you are applying for).
This will be a fixed term position and the duration of the apprenticeship will be determined by the job role and current skills. The minimum length of the apprenticeship will be one year and one week.
Please note: AET has their own in-house apprenticeship scheme and do not work with any other training providers to deliver Apprenticeships.
AET can offer:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our SENDCO Elouise Robison on email@example.com to arrange a visit to our Academy.
This post is fixed-term until July 2020 and is required to commence January 2020
Closing date: Wednesday 11 December 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.