Teaching Assistant x 4
Grade D, £19,171 (actual salary £15,042)
Term time only, plus 5 professional development days, 33.75 hours per week
Start: September 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic, conscientious, hard-working and friendly individuals to fulfil the post of Teaching Assistant. The ideal candidate will have experience incorporating visual, audio and kinaesthetic prompts to encourage student development as well as having a comprehensive knowledge of the school curriculum.
Acklam Grange School and Linthorpe Community Primary School converted to academies on July 1 2018 and are co-founders of The Legacy Learning Trust multi academy trust, with a shared vision:
Placing learners and learning at the heart of all that we do
Acklam Grange School is a large, 11 – 16 urban, multi-cultural secondary school (NOR 1441) with
first class facilities in new campus-style BSF buildings. We place the students at the heart of all that we do.
We gained Teaching School status in 2017 to provide high quality training, development and support to new and experienced school staff.
Our achievements and offer are:
• National Award winner for ’Outstanding Secondary School Progress 2018’ by the Education Business Awards.
• A school ranked in the top 10% of in the country for student progress three years running.
• The top performing school overall in Middlesbrough and ranked number 1 in the Real Schools’ Guide of the top 10 Teesside state secondary schools.
• A continuous improving trend of GCSE results including 9-4 English & Maths 65%, 79% 9-4 English, 70% 9-4 Maths with 27 subjects performing above national figures.
• A nationally recognised, bespoke professional development programme – AGS Inspire.
• A comprehensive, inclusive, family working environment firmly rooted in our local community
• A commitment to both academic and pastoral success with SMSC as a driving force and strength
• Staff well-being package supported by a serving NHS practitioner and nationally recognised.
Applications are welcome from both experienced teachers and NQTs.
To apply please visit www.agsrecruit.com. Please refer to the supporting documentation, and complete the application form and return it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 15 July 2019, 12 noon
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.