35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Firth Park Academy is proud to have earned the award for ‘Best Secondary School in Sheffield 2015/16’ (Sheffield Star Best in Education Awards Oct ’15).
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
The Special Educational Needs Department (SEND) is looking to extend its team of Teaching Assistants to support our students across the age and ability range, from Years 7 to 11. The successful candidate will join a committed and enthusiastic team of Teaching Assistants who provide support for both teaching staff and students.
We are looking for:
- Experience and knowledge of working with children in an education setting. Experience and knowledge of children with SEND needs is desirable.
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills as evidenced by GCSE English and Maths at Level C or above, or equivalent.
- Experience of behaviour management strategies that encourage positive behaviour
- Knowledge of supporting bilingual students.
- Knowledge and experience of intervention programmes that accelerate progress
- Commitment to raising attainment and be able to motivate vulnerable and disengaged students.
- A minimum Of NVQ Level 2 or a Teaching Assistant equivalent qualification.
We actively welcome applications from Graduates who have experience in working with students and young people and who are interested in gaining experience in education with a view to training to become a teacher.
Firth Park has a proven track record of developing and training teachers and works with local ITT providers and other schools as well as our own Trust.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our Business Manager to arrange a learning walk during the school day or a chance to meet.
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (www.firthparkacademy.org) to find out more.
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Joanne Gleig, Business Manager on email@example.com
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
Closing date: Friday 23 June 2017.
Interviews to be held week beginning Monday 26 June 2017.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding polices we are unable to accept CV’s/ For further information on this position and to make an application please visit: https://www.hirewire.co.uk/SG/1058184/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=77214
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.