Cairo English School is one of the premier British/International Schools in Egypt. We are an Early Years to Year 12 school currently with 1,565 students on roll. The school has a campus second to none and is in New Cairo, about 10 minutes from Cairo Airport and 45 minutes from Downtown. In applying for the position there is an expectation that the appointee will be totally committed to the life of the school including after school activities and some weekends.
CES is fully accredited by Council of International Schools and Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges. CES is an authorised (IB)) Diploma School and a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) British Schools Overseas (BSO) and European Council of International Schools (ECIS). CES follows the Early Years Foundation Stage National Curriculum, English National Curriculum and International Primary Curriculum (IPC), English National Curriculum leading to IGCSE at the end of Year 10. After successfully completing IGCSE exams, students can choose to take A Levels or the IB Diploma.
Required, for the academic year 2017-2018, Technology Integration Specialist to join an enthusiastic and motivated team of talented educators and technology professionals. Experience working with Cambridge (CIE) and/or IB curriculum is a plus. If you have a related degree and experience, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please go to www.cesegypt.com/apply. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure.
- Strong communication skills including cross-disciplinary and intercultural communication.
- Strong self-guided learner.
- Relevant technical experience and aptitude (see below).
- Collaborative team player with patience for others.
- Teaching ability and aptitude. Teaching experience is required and teaching qualifications are very positive.
- Very comfortable with Windows and Apple devices/software.
- Experience working with iPads and Apple TVs in schools.
- HTML/CSS (basic web design).
- Strong proficiency in Excel/Access.
- Familiarity with all Office 365 applications.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working with and managing a SMS (WCBS’ PASS) and VLE (Showbie).
- Liaise between the admin, educational staff and IT department to ensure technology educational goals are accomplished, the schools IT resources are used effectively, and there is clear communication between these departments.
- Teach staff, parents and students how to use CES technology effectively and develop strategies for supporting this ongoing learning.
- Plan strategically for CES’ future while implementing projects and evaluating their success.
- Communicating with parents, teachers and admin on behalf of the IT department.
- Creatively suggesting technological solutions CES can implement.
- Establish the technology proficiency standards for students and staff at the school in consultation with the senior management team at the school
- Evaluate, procure and setup educational subscriptions.
- Experience in rolling out and implementing a 1-1 mobile device (iPads) program to enhance learning and teaching activities.
CES offers its teaching staff:
- Tax free salary in Pounds Sterling (25% converted to local currency)
- Two year contract (renewable)
- Annual flight or cash equivalent
- Monthly cash housing allowance
- Free International Medical Insurance
- Settling-in allowance
- July and August vacation (paid)
- Retirement benefit
- Professional Development benefit
- Free transportation to and from school
- Annual No-Absence Bonus benefit
Please visit www.cesegypt.com for more information about the school