Inspire a generation..........get into teaching
Thamesmead SCITT has been training teachers for 14 years and along with our partnership schools are offering you the opportunity to train as a teacher as part of our School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) programme. We are a teacher training partnership that strives for excellence in all areas and works to provide our trainees with the opportunity to develop into outstanding practitioners.
This is a one year training course, commencing in September 2018, leading to Qualified Teacher Status in the Secondary or Primary sector. PGCE is also available in some subjects.
- You must have a degree in the subject you wish to teach
- You must have a GCSE or equivalent at Grade C or above in English Language and Mathematics
- Overseas applicants must have their qualifications verified as UK equivalent and provide NARIC at interview
- Skills tests in literacy and numeracy must have been passed before commencing training
- Financial support is available in most cases via student loans and bursaries may be available for some subjects
Further details about our training programme can be found on our website www.thamesmeadscitt.co.uk
Available training subjects:-
- Art and Design
- DT - Food
- DT - Product Design
- Religious Studies