Unqualified Teacher of Animal Care
As soon as possible
Grade 11 £21,748 FTE Actual Salary: £18,544.61
37 hours a week, 39 weeks a year - term time only
Inspire their remarkable with us
Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. We offer the widest range of extra-curricular enrichment possible to ensure our students are rich in knowledge and character. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. Our school is:
- A stronger-than-ever ‘Good’ school as rated by Ofsted (February 2019).
- Home of an Extended School Day for Years 7 and 11 to ensure the broadest possible curriculum of academic learning and extra-curricular experiences
- Featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and dedicated individual to be our Animal Care Instructor. At Firth Park Academy we believe in giving students the opportunity to study vocational programmes at KS3 and full KS4 qualifications including animal care, catering, construction and hair & beauty. Our animal care curriculum is planned by lead teachers within our school, with KS4 students working toward a BTEC First in Animal Care.
We are seeking a teacher to deliver these animal care lessons, instructing students in both the theory and practical care of animals. Our animal care instructor will also be looking after our animal care space ‘The Paddock’ and helping grow a very special school farm. We currently have rabbits, guinea pigs and hens, soon our pygmy goats and bearded dragon will arrive and join our wellbeing dog Patsy the red poodle. This is a really unique educational opportunity for someone passionate about working with children, nurturing a love of animals and the skills to grow this into future careers.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Opportunities for further professional development
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant Academy community.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- informal enquiries are welcome - please contact Dean Jones our Principal. on 0114 257 6238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
- Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (see link) to find out more.
To find out about this fantastic opportunity please click this link
This is a fixed-term contract due to commence in as soon as possible
Closing date: Monday 6th December 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to i...