We are looking for a UX Designer with a flare for usable and engaging UI, especially in the complex space of data presentation and visualisation.
While committed to user research, you know how to keep it focussed and relevant. You can lead design workshops with teams including product managers, developers and data scientists, and you’re able to use anything from paper to whiteboards to Sketch app – whatever it takes – to help stakeholders envision the solution you design with the team.
You thrive on close collaboration with other disciplines to iterate on ideas throughout the delivery cycle, ensuring designs reflect both user aspirations and technical reality.
The THE product, design and development team is responsible for shaping, building and managing our digital products:
i. DataPoints, our flagship data and analysis tools for the world’s elite research universities;
ii. World University Rankings, our data-led content offerings for academic and students on timeshighereducation.com across the desktop and mobile;
iii. the commercial platform, our branding and hiring-solutions products for institutional clients.
Our job is to understand our customers’ and users’ needs, create products and experiences that are valuable to for B2B and B2C audiences alike, and provide our commercial teams with a market-leading offering they can take to the world’s best universities. We are looking for the right person to join our team and build on the success we have already gained among our growing international client base.
Purpose of the Role
This role owns UX design for THE in two broad product sets:
● DataPoints: New product development to bring clients actionable insights from new types of data.
● Rankings / Platform: Manage day-to-day delivery of UX enhancements to the THE branding platform.
As part of your duties you will:
· Have complete end-to-end ownership of design direction and delivery for THE’s digital products.
· Initiate, and clearly communicate design process and activities, to the whole product and development team, from each project kick-off to delivery.
· Assist product managers, data scientists and developers throughout the delivery cycle.
· Use behavioural / research data to support your design. Substantiate your work with data, customer feedback, and usability findings.
· Define and deliver design interactions and, importantly, scalable patterns to the development team.
· Coordinate with the rest of the team to identify new ways of working, different software and tools, for improved processes and ultimately, solutions
What you'll bring to the role:
- Significant experience in a professional web/UX design environment
- Demonstrable experience of designing products which present complex data in an elegant way
- Lean/Agile UX methodologies
- Prototyping, paper or fully interactive
- Familiarity with core web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Clean and modern UI design
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- Organised with good time-management
- Clear communication and understanding with stakeholders