Position: Vocational Education & Training (VET) and Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Manager
Salary Range: $124,197 - $139,785
Tenure: Full-time, 3 Year Contract - 38 Hours per week
Commencing Date: January 2020
Location: TCEO Office, Kirwan
Closing Date: Friday 25th October 2019
Townsville Catholic Education supports 29 schools in our Diocese, located in a region extending to Mount Isa in the west, Proserpine in the south and north to Abergowrie. The Catholic Diocese of Townsville provides a diverse range of education choices including primary, secondary and Prep-to-Year 12, as well as kindergarten and child care facilities. Each provides a high educational standard in a caring and stimulating environment. The Diocese has a growing Indigenous education program and some of our schools offer both boarding and day-student facilities.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
Purpose of the Role
The Townsville Catholic Education Registered Training Organisation (RTO) is part of Townsville Catholic Education, which supports 29 schools, with 10 of these offering senior secondary education and VET. The VET and RTO Manager is to provide strategic leadership and management of the Townsville Catholic Education Registered Training Organisation initiatives, including the delivery of qualifications on scope of registration.
Reporting to the Director Learning and Teaching, the VET and RTO Manager is considered a High Managerial Agent of the RTO, vested with sufficient authority from the Executive Director to ensure the RTO complies with the VET Quality Framework and other internal and external requirements at all times.
- Strategic leadership and management of the RTO which demonstrates active contributing aligned to the achievement of TCE goals, vision and purpose
- Consulting with, and supporting, Leadership Teams, VET Leaders and VET Teachers (Trainers/Assessors) in schools, to provide students with quality VET programs and outcomes
- Developing a strong vocational education and training portfolio which will provide students with access to a range of VET programs that are industry recognised, providing employable pathways
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with industry, external RTOs and other stakeholders via effective and professional engagement and communication
- Ensuring compliance with the VET Quality Framework, Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) requirements and other regulatory bodies
- Working in partnership with TCE marketing staff to plan marketing and communication strategies to promote VET and RTO activities to schools
- Actively scan the external environment for new trends, development and opportunities and to prepare TCE to be able to quickly respond to these new opportunities
- The VET and RTO Manager will be required to travel from time to time within the Townsville Diocese.
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary range: $124,197 - $139,785
- 5 weeks annual leave - with leave loading paid on 4 weeks
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
- Degree in Education (Secondary) or relevant tertiary qualification
- Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116
- Registration or eligibility for registration with Queensland College of Teachers or Current Working with
Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Recent, significant and successful VET training and assessment experience in secondary schools (Catholic schools highly desirable)
- Experience in VET curriculum development and innovation
- At least five years of successful experience leading and managing an RTO.
- Sound understanding of the mission and purpose of Catholic Education
- Thorough knowledge of competency-based training and assessment, the VET Quality Framework, ASQA and QCAA requirements
- Deep knowledge of senior schooling and the integration, and value of, VET in senior schooling
- An understanding of the developmental needs of adolescents and young adults
- Proven knowledge and understanding of best practice in education
- Demonstrated commitment an understanding of the VET Quality Framework, and ASQA requirements.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a broad stakeholder group
- Ability to influence and support behaviour and practice change without asserting direct line management
- Ability to work in a matrix structure and effectively manage time commitments and relationships to achieve shared outcomes
- Effective analytical skills necessary to provide advice to the Director Learning and Teaching on a range of issues concerned with RTO and VET compliance
- Ability to work with colleagues in a professional, informed, flexible and caring manner
- Well-developed capacity for creative and strategic thinking in the areas of problem-solving and future directions.
- Diploma or higher level qualification in Vocational Education and Training
- Full accreditation to teach/teach Religious Education in a Catholic school
- Post graduate qualifications relevant to outcomes within the role highly desirable.
How to Apply
- Please complete the application form below and respond to the questions in no more than 300 words
- Provide your current resume including 2 professional referees
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
For a confidential conversation please contact Peter Stower (Director, Learning and Teaching) Phone: (07) 4773 0900
For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services email@example.com
Application close: 4pm Friday 25th October 2019
TCE Strategic Directions
Employment in a Catholic School