Student Counsellor Volunteers
Bilborough College is a highly successful provider of post-16 education to approximately 1850 students. We are committed to excellence, innovation and opportunities for students in all that we do. We are looking for a volunteer Student Counsellor with the opportunity to join a dynamic and committed Student Support team who consistently ensure that their students’ needs are fully met in order for them to achieve success and enjoy their courses. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to our students’ experience at Bilborough and to be part of a “welcoming and inclusive” organisation where students are “proud of their college” and demonstrate “exemplary behaviour and conduct”, according to our most recent Ofsted report (Jan 2020).
The student counselling service at Bilborough College is offering supervised counselling placements.
As a trainee counsellor, you will preferably have previous experience of counselling:
- Attended/attending a theoretical and practical training course
- With some knowledge and ideally experience of counselling young people
- Or have considerable experience of working with young people in a different capacity
- Ideally you will be aware of the issues and challenges facing 16-19 year olds in a sixth form environment.
- You will be required to be available for one day per week between the hours of 9.00am and 3.00pm.
- You will be required to hold your own professional indemnity insurance.
- Supervision will be provided by the College.
We particularly welcome applicants who are looking to commit to this placement for the 2021/22 Academic Year starting from September 2021.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am on the 28th May 2021 and interviews will be held on Wednesday 9th June 2021.
The College is committed to the Children’s Act and all successful appointments will be subject to Barred List and DBS clearance.
- with academy funding
- Further Education
- Students of age 16 - 19 years