Academy: Leeds West Academy
Job Title: Year Manager – Non Teaching
Grade: SO1 Pt.29-31 Pro rata salary: £22,865 - £24,378
37 hours per week, term time only plus 10 days
Accountable to: Behaviour & Attendance Leader/Senior Vice Principal
To support the implementation of the Academy strategic priorities, focusing predominantly on the promotion of positive student behaviour and attendance. The post holder will ensure that the pastoral care, personal development and safeguarding of students in the year group is of the highest standard. You will address attendance issues; seek help for students in need by liaising with colleagues, parents and external agencies and work closely with all stakeholders to ensure that students feel safe and engage well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work proactively to ensure maximum support for students at risk of disaffection and to facilitate early intervention.
• Use whole academy student tracking information to have an oversight of the pastoral progress of all students in the year group, plan for future interventions and set measurable improvement targets against specific Key Performance Indicators. Where necessary, prepare and present reports to the Behaviour & Attendance Leader/Senior Leadership Team, regarding the behaviour and attendance of individuals and the year group as a whole.
• Help uphold the academy’s principle of ‘respect for all’ by managing emotions and modelling good behaviour.
• Recognise students’ positive contributions within the academy and ensure that their achievements are acknowledged through the academy rewards system.
• Regularly engage with colleagues (following the LWA Communications Protocol), parents and carers to ensure a coordinated, partnership focused approach to dealing with individual student and year group issues.
• Maintain the professionalism expected of a School Manager in all dealings with colleagues, students, parents and other professionals. Be a consistent positive role model.
• Maintain accurate records for all significant interactions, interventions or contact with individual students, their parents/carers, colleagues and any external agencies using academy agreed systems.
• Be responsible for the implementation of positive and pro-active disciplinary measures within the year groups.
• Assist in managing the Rewards and Sanctions arrangements within the year group, taking a proactive approach to the promotion of positive behaviour.
• Develop relationships with students needing particular support in order that behaviour AND attendance targets are met.
• Share and support the corporate responsibility for the efficient running of Seclusion and Internal Exclusion and any other pastoral duties as designated by the Behaviour & Attendance Leader/Senior Vice Principal.
• In conjunction with the Education and Community Welfare Officer, monitor and respond to poor attendance, truancy and absconding. Develop relationships with parents and plan interventions to engage with academy attendance expectations. This might include home visits to establish and maintain relationships with parents.
Leeds West Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school. Thriving in a state of the art building with stunning views over the River Aire, our Academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds West Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
To apply visit http://www.leedswestacademy.org.uk/About-Us/Vacancies/ in order to download an application form. Once completed please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert closing date: Thursday 1st March 2018
Shortlisting: Friday 2nd March 2018
Interviews week commencing Monday 5th March 2018
Start Date ASAP on DBS clearance