Diocese of Townsville Catholic EducationAbergowrie
Contract type: Full Time
Position: Years 7-9 Pastoral Leader
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2021
SalaryRange:$87,467 - $116,060 (pending experience)
Classification:Full Time, 3 year Contract
Closing Date: Friday, 30th October 2020 unless filled prior
St Teresa's College, Abergowrieis a Catholic secondary boy'sboarding college. Located in an ideal rural setting in the heart of the Herbert River Valley, the College is approximately 30 km north west of Ingham and situated on Warrgamay land.The main industries are sugarcane, forestry, and cattle. Abergowrie is close to Wallaman Falls which is the highest single drop waterfall in Australia and the beautiful Broadwater National Park.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students.Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
St Teresa's College, Abergowrie is seeking a Dedicated and Enthusiastic Years 7-9 Pastoral Leader. This role is a Full Time, 3 year contract commencing in Term 1, 2021.
About the role
The Years 7-9 Pastoral Middle Leader supports the mission of St Teresa’s College through effective leadership in supporting students as College and community members.
- Leading the pastoral care of students of multiple year levels within the College
- Supervision and induction of teachers engaged in pastoral care in the designated area of responsibility
- Pastoral care of staff engaged in the area of responsibility
- Other appropriate duties as required by the Principal and College Leadership Team.
Applicants that have experience in Boys' Education, boarding school environments or working in a rural/remote area are highly desirable.
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $87,467 - $116,060(pending experience)
- Salary packagingoptions
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
Please seePosition Descriptionfor further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
How to apply
If you have arelevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete theapplication form
- Attach a writtencover letteraddressing the skills, attributes and experiences to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Attach yourcurrent resume including contact details (phone and email) oftwo professional referees
Applications Close 4pm Friday, 30th October 2020 unless filled prior.
To find out more about the Region visit: