* Contact David Brinn, North House, St Mary's Street, Brecon LD3 7AA. Tel: 01874 625334624437.
Broads. Minimum service of talks, visits and other activities. Mainly funds other bodies via Broads Environmental Education Network ( tel: 01692 678555) to provide services such as visits to water quality projects, educational cruises, etc.
* Contact Jess Tunstall, 18 Colegate, Norwich NR3 1BQ. Tel: 01603 610734.
Dartmoor. Training centre provides base for field studies, outdoor pursuits, conservation work. Assistance with and advice on organising field trips. Talks, residential facilities.
* Contact Willem Montagne, The Old Duchy Hotel, Princetown, Yelverton, Devon PL20 6QF. Tel: 01822 890672.
Exmoor. Fieldwork covers physical geography, geology, ecology, environmental studies, history, industrial archaeology, and tourism. Visits to farms and settlements. Many residential facilities.
* Contact Dave Gurnett, Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset TA22 9HL. Tel: 01398 323665.
Northumberland. KS 1, 2 and 3: habitat studies, earth education, environmental studies, historical theme days. KS 4, FE and HE:geography and biology fieldwork, environmental studies, recreation and tourism. Residential facilities.
* Contact Fiona Knox, Eastburn, South Park, Hexham, Northumberland NE46 1BS. Tel: 01434 605555.
North Yorkshire Moors. Discovery days cover maps and navigation, landscape, local communities. Moorland, woodland and farmland walks. See-and-do activity trails. Exhibitions, lecture rooms and study base.
* Contact Sandra Spashett, The Moors Centre, Danby, Whitby, North Yorkshire YO21 2NB. Tel: 01287 660308.
Peak District. Mainly works with secondary, GNVQ and FE groups: topics include land-use conflict, transport, quarrying, tourism, and woodland, moorland and freshwater ecosystems. Residential packages for geography, biology, ecology.
* Contact Keith Clarkson at Losehill Hall, Castleton, Derbyshire S30 2WB. Tel: 0433 620373.
Pembrokeshire Coast. Practical conservation work includes tree planting, stream clearance, bridge building. Advice on sites for fieldwork and visits. Guided walks and talks on wildlife, history, geology. Classrooms, field study laboratories.
* Contact Terry John, County Offices, St Thomas' Green, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Dyfed SA61 1QZ. Tel: 01437 764591.
Snowdonia. Responds to demand, helping visiting groups (primary to postgraduate) with topics such as tourism, glaciation, habitats, conservation management, footpath erosion. Three centres, one with residential facilities.
* Contact Simon Evans, Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd LL48 6LS. Tel: 01766 770274.
Yorkshire Dales. Day-visit topics include footpaths under pressure, choices for farmers, managing a honeypot. Guided walks on countryside topics. Discovery days on rivers, limestone, the changing village.
* Contact Susan Thompson, Colvend, Hebden Road, Grassington, Skipton, North Yorkshire. Tel: 01969 650456.
Council for National Parks. Provides advice and information, and produces education pack in conjunction with Field Studies Council. The pack is available from the FSC, Preston Mountford, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 1HW.