1. Which city will host the 2016 summer Olympics?
2. What was the name of Cheryl Cole's first solo number one single?
3. Which Shakespeare play includes the stage direction, "Exit, pursued by a bear"?
4. For which political party did Sir Winston Churchill first enter Parliament?
5. Who succeeded Michael Rosen as Children's Laureate?
6. Who won the last Five Nations rugby union championship?
7. Which play begins with the lines: "To begin at the beginning: it is spring, moonless night in the small town, starless and Bible-black"?
8. Who was the wife of Prasutagus, who led a rebellion following her husband's death?
9. In which year was Malcolm X assassinated, Edward Heath elected leader of the Tories and Rex Harrison named Best Actor for his role in My Fair Lady?
10. What happens when a hurricane crosses the international date line?
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. Rio de Janeiro; 2. Fight for This Love; 3. The Winter's Tale; 4. Conservatives; 5. Anthony Browne; 6. Scotland (in 1999); 7. Under Milk Wood; 8. Boudicca (formerly Boadicea); 9. 1965; 10. It becomes a typhoon.