1. In which TV series does Sue Sylvester coach the cheerleading team The Cheerios?
2. Who is holding Odysseus captive at the beginning of Homer's Odyssey?
3. In which year did Uruguay suffer their first defeat at a World Cup finals?
4. What links Peter Carey and J.M. Coetzee and no other authors?
5. What was George VI's first given name?
6. The Derby, the Oaks, the 1,000 Guineas, the 2,000 Guineas and which other race make up the five Classics of English horseracing?
7. On which mountain in the Lake District would you find Striding Edge?
8. On June 27, 1967, Reg Varney, star of comedy series On the Buses, became the first person in Britain to do what?
9. Which 1980s band had hits with "Love Plus One", "Fantastic Day" and "Nobody's Fool"?
10. Chatsworth House, Derbyshire, is the seat of which member of the aristocracy?
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. "Glee"; 2. Calypso; 3. 1954; 4. Twice winners of the Booker prize; 5. Albert; 6. The St Leger; 7. Helvellyn; 8. Withdraw money from a cash machine; 9. Haircut 100; 10. Duke of Devonshire.