1. What is the name of the Roman wall built between the firths of Forth and Clyde in the second century AD?
2. Who was the first woman to win an Oscar for directing?
3. The musical Cats is based on a book of poems by which 20th-century poet?
4. In which sport do teams compete for the Sheffield Shield?
5. Which is the largest US state?
6. Who is missing from the following list: Charlie Bucket, Violet Beauregarde, Veruca Salt and Mike Teavee?
7. The actress Helena Bonham Carter is the great-granddaughter of which former British prime minister?
8. What was the name of the lunar landing module that took Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin from the Apollo spacecraft to the surface of the moon in July 1969?
9. Who won the first series of the ITV talent show The X Factor?
10. What does Pakistan mean in Urdu?
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. The Antonine Wall; 2. Kathryn Bigelow, for "The Hurt Locker"; 3. T.S. Eliot; 4. Cricket (the Australian domestic league); 5. Alaska; 6. Augustus Gloop (children who found the golden tickets in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"); 7. Herbert Asquith; 8. Eagle; 9. Steve Brookstein; 10. Land of the Pure.