1. What is the eagle on the Mexican flag holding in its beak?
2. Who preceded Chris Moyles as presenter of the Radio One breakfast show?
3. Where did Bo follow Millie, Socks and Barney?
4. In the King James Bible, which book begins with the line: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"?
5. What is the world's highest mountain outside of Asia?
6. Who was the last male athlete to win the 100m and 200m sprints and the 100m relay at a single Olympics, before Usain Bolt achieved the feat in Beijing in 2008?
7. Which city boasts the second oldest underground metro system in the world, opened in 1896?
8. What links Major Scobie, Charles Marlow and Jeanie Deans?
9. Which bridge connects the Kyle of Lochalsh with Kyleakin?
10. Who was the only person present at the funeral of Eleanor Rigby, according to the Beatles song?
For crossword answers see next week's issue
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. A snake 2. Sara Cox 3. Into the White House: they are the pets belonging to US presidents George HW Bush, Bill Clinton, George W Bush and Barack Obama 4. St John's Gospel 5. Aconcagua in South America 6. Carl Lewis 7. Budapest 8. All heroesheroine of novels with heart in the title: 'Heart of the Matter' by Graham Greene; 'Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad; 'Heart of Midlothian' by Walter Scott 9. Skye Bridge 10. Father McKenzie.