1. Which book revolves around Christopher Boone's search for Wellington's killer?
2. What is the name commonly given to the alleged remains of an early human found in East Sussex in 1912?
3. Who is the only Spice Girl never to have had a solo number one single?
4. Which science fiction film features the astronauts David Bowman and Frank Poole?
5. Cliff Morgan and Henry Cooper were the original team captains on which long-running TV quiz?
6. What is the name of the "sacred river" in Samuel Taylor Coleridge's poem Kubla Khan?
7. Who won the last Home Championship contested by the UK's four national football teams?
8. Which two counties are connected by the Severn Bridge?
9. Who is the only person to have been canonised by the Church of England since the Reformation?
10. Clumber, American Water and Welsh Springer are all breeds of which type of dog?
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' by Mark Haddon (Wellington is a neighbour's poodle); 2. Piltdown Man; 3. Victoria Beckham; 4. '2001: A Space Odyssey'; 5. 'A Question of Sport'; 6. Alph; 7. Northern Ireland (in 198384); 8. Gloucestershire and Monmouthshire; 9. Charles I (as St Charles the Martyr); 10. Spaniel.