Broderbund - 01753 620909.
* Microsoft is to recruit a panel of teachers to test and evaluate future versions of its education CD-Roms. Consideration will be given to suggestions received from the 10-member panel and used to create more classroom-friendly products. Schools wishing to nominate panel members must own a Windows 95 Multimedia PC. Contact Colin Middlemiss, Text 100 Limited, Network House, Wood Lane, London W12 7SL. Tel 0181 242 4116.
* Cyber Spyder will again navigate Oxfordshire pupils around the World Wide Web. Following the success of its Kids on the Web project in April, Oxford Brookes University is to allow another group of youngsters aged 10-12 to surf the Net for free on the university's computer facilities. The planned July sessions will introduce pupils to the Internet and give them the opportunity to look at Web sites like Disney, NASA and the Spice Girls. Schools should hurry as the sessions are already two-thirds full.
Details from Community Liaison Office, David Attwood on 01865 484888 (between 8am and 4pm).
* Forty-seven pages of "on-line" information make up The Internet for Beginners (Pounds 4.99), from Usborne. The book describes the hardware and software needed to get on the Net, helps you select a service provider and explains how to send e-mail, read news groups and download files. It includes a glossary of Internet words, Net slang, sites and resources.
Usborne Publishing Ltd, Usborne House, 83-85 Saffron Hill, London EClN 8RT.
* The secrets of the 10-mile, Pounds 2.6 billion Jubilee Line extension will be revealed on a CD-Rom from London Underground Limited. Aimed at youngsters between the ages of seven-11, the disc is a collaborative project between London Underground and Clapton School, east London, designed to introduce children to tunnelling, civil engineering and architecture.
London Underground, Jubilee Line Extension Project, 30 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5ET. Tel 0171 599 4000.
* Pitman Publishing is launching its library of NVQ and SVQ learning materials on CD-Rom aimed at Training and Enterprise Councils and FE colleges. The frequently updated Flexible Learning Resource Library features materials on selling, marketing, business administration, retailing, customer service, management and training at NVQ levels 2-3. These can be downloaded, printed and used with workbooks.
For details contact Carolyn Lyne, Pitman Publishing, 128 Long Acre, London WC2E 9AN. Tel 01279 508946 or 0171 447 2000.