Skip to main content

Chlorine leak investigated

THE Health and Safety Executive is investigating a leak of chlorine gas during a science lesson at Ashby grammar school, Leicester, which resulted in a teacher and 14 pupils being taken to hospital. P> One pupil, an asthma sufferer, was given oxygen and detained. The rest returned to school after being treated "for superficial signs of exposure to the gas", said a hospital spokesman.

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you