1. By what name is a fretted string instrument - similar to the lute and indigenous to the Indian sub-continent - known?
2. The 19th-century American mail service, the Pony Express, used to go between Missouri and which other state?
3. What passes through all Commonwealth countries ahead of the Commonwealth Games?
4. Which scale measures wind force?
5. Which is the longest bone in the human body?
6. Awarded to the nation in 1942, which cross appears on the flag of Malta?
7. Eight is the cube of which number?
8. What is awarded to someone who plays in the first class Varsity Match?
9. What is the fruit of the hawthorn called?
10. Which road did Dorothy follow to the Land of Oz in The Wizard of Oz?
Answers: 1. Sitar 2. California 3. The Queen's baton 4. Beaufort 5. Femur 6. George Cross 7. Two 8. Blue 9. Haw 10. The yellow brick road.