Governors approval

Your job and career questions answered.

If someone wants to go from full-time to job share after maternity leave, can the head grant this, or do the governors have to give approval?

Even if the head agrees, it will have to be ratified by the governors.

However, they can't override your statutory rights as a new mother.

If you have a question for John Howson, please email

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you