Skip to main content

License to fly

Group leaders booking overseas trips should always ensure that the travel companies they book with hold an Air Travel Organisers' License (ATOL). The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) which manages the ATOL scheme ensures that customers are financially protected if the tour operator goes out of business. The CAA has produced a leaflet explaining how teachers can ensure which companies are licensed. Call 020 7453 6430 or send an email to: for a copy of Financial Protection for Overseas School Trips.

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you