Skip to main content

Magnet craze

A NINE-YEAR-OLD girl has received emergency treatment at Sheffield children's hospital after swallowing 12 industrial-strength magnets.

She was following a fashio sweeping Sheffield where girls use magnets to give the impression of body-piercings. A hospital spokesperson said the craze had become "life-threatening".

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you